Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
About the Department:
The department of ECE was established in 2008 with an intake of 60 students in the UG Programme and the intake was enhanced to 90. The Department also runs Post-Graduate programmes in specialization of M.Tech (VLSI), with a total intake of 18 students in the year 2012.
The department of ECE is one of the established and largest departments in the institution. Our faculty brings state-of-the-art research, development, and design experience into the classroom, ensuring that our students and alumni are able to apply for registration as professional engineers in all part of global engineering and the scientific community. The department offers a holistic approach to technical education, personality development and social skills. The department has ultra-modern sophisticated laboratories like Electronic Device & Circuits, Integrated Electronics, Communication Engineering, Microprocessors & Microcontrollers, Microwave Engineering, Digital Signal Processing, Optical Fiber Communication. In addition to this department also has Audio-Visual facilities with LCD and OHPs for effective teaching methodologies.
The department also conducts workshops, symposia and faculty development programs regularly for improving the teaching and learning quality. Also the department is involved in the society development programs to make impact on its development and awareness. The Department has always been the choice for many recruiters, who come back year after year in search of fresh minds.
The department is having full-fledged laboratories to meet the requirements of both UG as well as PG curriculums. The department is also having simulation labs with 50 systems running with updated software.
The ECE Department faculty had published research papers in IEEE journals, SCI and Scopus Indexed journals. The Department faculty had filed three patents.
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering Courses :
The following courses are being offered at the campus
About HOD :
11 Years of Teaching Experience
No. of Publications
16 International Publications
Extra Curricular activities
Involving various activities in all administrative works of the college and disciplinary activities
Message from HOD :
I congratulate all the students, who opted the Electronics & Communication Engineering branch.
Electronics & Communication Engineering is a one of the evolving, Innovating and emerging, broadest engineering discipline. It deals with the devices and circuits of almost all the technologies and controllers and processors.
Electronics & Communication Engineers are involved in creating high end technologies to bring the universe to the foot of individual at glance. They are driving force behind any organization to extend the technology and transfer of technology throughout the world.
Department having Excellent Labs with latest equipment and virtual simulation systems with Internet facility, such that student can explore their knowledge and skills to International industry standard.
The department is also having R & D facilities to enhance the skills among the student community, which can be utilized at their final year project work.
DATE OF JOINING
1. D.Venkata Ratnam, T. Raghavendra Vishnu, and P. Babu Sree Harsha. “Ionospheric Gradients Estimation and Analysis of S-Band Navigation Signals for NAVIC System.” IEEE Access 6 (2018): 66954-66962. SCI indexed.
2. Tadivaka, Raghavendra Vishnu, Bhanu Priyanka Paruchuri, Sridhar Miriyala, Padma Raju Koppireddi, and Venkata Ratnam Devanaboyina. “Detection of ionospheric scintillation effects using LMD–DFA.” Acta Geophysica 65, no. 4 (2017): 777-784. SCI indexed.
3.T. Raghavendra Vishnu, D. Venkata Ratnam, P. Bhanu Priyanka, M. Sridhar, K. Padma Raju.” Detection and Analysis of Cycle Slips from GNSS Observations.” International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE) ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-8 Issue-4, February 2019 . Scopus indexed.
4. T. Raghavendra Vishnu, D. Venkata Ratnam, J. R. K. Kumar Dabbakuti.” Time-Frequency Analysis Of Ionospheric Scintillation Cosmic GPS-RO Data Using Synchrosqueezing Transform.” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences,Volume 10,Issue 8,pp: 3641 -3644,2015. Scopus indexed
5.Dr. D.Venkata Ratnam ,T. Raghavendra Vishnu ,Dr. K. Sarat Kumar, Dr. K. Ch. Sri Kavya ,Dr. M. Sridhar ,Dr. J. R. K. Kumar D, P. B. Sree Harsha,” Modified Gram Schmidt Orthogonalization Based Smoothing For Single Frequency Gps Receivers” Patent-Application No.201941012819 A , 2019.
6. B.Sada Siva Rao, T.Raghavendra Vishnu, Habibulllah Khan, D.Venkata Ratnam. Spiral Antenna Array Using RT-Duroid Substrate for Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System.. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE) ISSN: 2231-2307, Volume-2, Issue-2, May 2012.
7.V L Varaprasad Nagula M.Venkateswara Rao, T.Raghavendra Vishnu Embedded Ethernet Monitor and Controlling using web browser International journal of engineering science & advanced technology ISSN: 2250–3676, Volume – 2, Special Issue – 1, 1 – 5 Jan-Feb 2012.
8. R. Revathi, P. S. Brahmanandam, T. Raghavendra Vishnu, G. Uma.Possible prediction of earthquakes by utilizing multi precursor parameters in association with ground and satellite-based remote sensing techniques International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering ISSN 0974-5904, Volume 04, No 06 SPL, October 2011, pp. 978-981. Scopus Indexed.
9.Usha Mallaparapu, K. Nalini, P. Ganesh ,T. Raghavendra Vishnu, Prof. Habibulllah Khan, D. Lakshmi Prasanna & B.T.P. Madhav. Non-Blind Adaptive Beam Forming Algorithms For Smart Antennas. Volumes/Vol6Issue4/IJRRAS. March 2011.
10.T.Raghavendra Vishnu, D. Venkata Ratnam, and M. Sridhar. “Detection of iono-seismic signatures of the Nepal earthquake using COSMIC RO measurements.” In 2018 Conference on Signal Processing And Communication Engineering Systems (SPACES), pp. 109-112. IEEE, 2018. Scopus indexed.
International Conferences :
1. Attend the International conference RSPS-2010 held at KL University from 8th -9 th Jan 2010.
2. Attend the Pearl Jubilee International Conference on Navigation and Communication (NAVCOM-2012) Jointly organized by NERTU, Osmania University and DRDO.December 20-21,2012,Hyderabad.
3. Attend the International Conference SPACES-2015,held at Department of ECE(FIST Sponsored),2-3 jan 2015 of KL University, Andhra Pradesh, India.
4. Participated in Academia student Intrecation-2016 held at NRSC-ISRO, Hyderabad on 5 February 2016.
International Workshops :
1.Accepted paper in International Radio Occultation Working Group (IROWG-April 2015).Comparative Analysis of Ionospheric Data for Space and Ground based GNSS Signals over Low latitude regions.
2.Accepted Abstract in 6th Asia Oceania Regional Workshop on GNSS(IGS- October 2014),Thailand. Ionospheric effects monitored by ground based GNSS stations over India.
NAME OF THE LABORATORY
FIRST YEAR LABS(R20)
Applied Chemistry Lab
Programming for Problem Solving Using C Lab
Electronic workshop Lab
Basic Electrical Engineering Lab
Applied Physics Lab
SECOND YEAR LABS(R20)
Electronic Devices and Circuits – Lab
Switching Theory and Logic Design – Lab
Electronic Circuit Analysis – Lab
Analog Communications – Lab
THIRD YEAR LABS(R19)
Linear Integrated Circuits and Applications – Lab
Digital Communications Lab
Microprocessor and Microcontrollers – Lab
Digital Signal Processing Lab
FINAL YEAR LABS(R16)
Micro Wave Engineering & Optical Lab
Digital Signal Processing Lab